2007-11-14

Back of Postcard Options





Okay, here are a few different options for the back of the postcard. I wanted to develop things a lot more, and I will work on it tomorrow as well, but we might as well start talking...

For the most part I've tried to stick to a vaguely 'Loncon' style, but we can ditch that easily. In general we need to discuss:
1. Do we use the logos on the postcard?
2. What is the copy that drives recipients to email us or go to our website?
3. Is the copy working?
4. I feel like some of the options are trying too hard. That said, just the plain text feels like it puts too much emphasis on the individual aphorisms. What do you guys think?

PS click on the image to view a bigger size

5 comments:

aliceg said...

I think I like 'F', with the 'What has Catastrophe ever done for you?' question.

One thing I would say, though, is that the capitals in the aphorisms were initially intended to spell out the 'other' of each statement (if you follow them, they sort of do); I'm not sure about having them if they're to be entirely random...

Jonathan M said...

Ha, ha, sorry, didn't see what the caps were spelling. I just went with a kooky, gradual decomposition of the type (coz I though that's what was happening). oops.

aliceg said...

Well, maybe it does work. Re: numbers, yes I like the idea of having many sevens, for instance.

Christien Garcia said...

Well well Jonathan!

These are my thoughts.

For the front image I think I prefer the plain version without any text or logos (3 and 4).

In terms of the reverse or text side I like several options you’ve created. I think that something like F is quite super but I also like the inclusion of a position statement as in the “another option”—though, not necessarily as focally placed.

As with Roger I really like the last option you’ve posted with the lines relaying words and the points of intersection. But I think in this case I would like to see this on the backside as one of he postcard variations rather than having it as the recurring main image.

Jonathan M said...

Heya, thanks for the comments everyone. keep 'em coming.